Singapore is a great urban travel destination for culture, fun and nightlife, not to mention its exquisite food.
It is a refreshing change to visit another lively place, where you can enjoy different varieties of food and enthrall your souls with some Asian refreshments. Read along to know about some of the interesting aspects of Singapore that you ought to discover.
It is always a great feeling to decipher new cultures and visit new locations. It refreshes and exhilarates you beyond words. Singapore’s culture amazes every onlooker and tends to enthrall people from all over the world. Singaporeans tend to be really respectful and good to tourists. You may encounter young children addressing you as “Aunty” and “Uncle”, which actually sounds cute and cool! Another really cool aspect of Singapore is the frequent usage of acronyms in their local language.
New York streets undoubtedly contain some of the most savory delights, but you always have something authentic to explore in Singaporean cuisine. It is a diverse intermix of Chinese, Indian, Malay and Indonesian cuisine. These Asiatic tastes tantalize our American taste-buds in ways unknown! You can look out for some delicious treats such as Ayam buah Keluak, Chilli Crab, Chicken Rice, Drunken Prawns, Sambal Stingray or chut chut. It is indeed quite fascinating to enjoy everyone around noisily munching the crunchy seafood items in Singaporean cuisine.
Make it a point to pay a visit to the hawker centers in Singapore and pick up some really cool stuff from their food shelves. You can also enjoy luxuriant food items in the super-luxurious ambience in many Singaporean restaurants. Some of them also offer ‘Happy Hours’ when you can enjoy some of the best ever discounts.
There is no dearth of good adventures in Singapore. The wild and upbeat nightlife of Singapore is one of the most fascinating aspects of it, which enthralls every visitor. The party mode drenches inside our American souls quite quickly, and before you know it, you loosen yourselves and begin swaying to the upbeat music that’s playing.
Some of the most fascinating aspects of Singapore’s adventurous offerings include:
· Marina Bays Sands Hotel Pool: This is one of the best aspects of Singapore that compels you to keep visiting this lovely place over and over again. You can experience pure thrill as you observe the city’s traffic helicopters at your eye-level. That is of course, because you’re swimming almost 780 feet above ground, and above the world’s most expensive casino complex. Adrenaline gushes through your veins as you splurge into the waters of this suicide-friendly destination, where getting somewhat nervous is totally acceptable!
· Singapore Flyer: Though New York thrills us in its own way, we have always been in a constant lookout for thrilling rides. The Singapore Flyer, which stands at 165 meters, is the world’s largest observation wheel. You can catch a chance to experience a 35-40 minute ride on the Giant Singapore Flyer, which helps you enjoy some exhilarating times and witness some of the loveliest sights.
· Underwater Aquarium: Singapore’s Underwater Aquarium has always been a delight for tourists looking to explore something different. You can find some exotic water species in the Underwater Aquarium and feel the thrill of walking amidst all these rare species, some of which are endangered too.
· Singapore Grand Prix: You can always treat the car-lover inside you to some of the most spectacular events at the Singapore Grand Prix. If you’re visiting Singapore soon, do not forget to catch the Formula One races that appeal to every speed junkie!
To save money while you are there, here are some travel tips:
1. Drink water directly from the tap. There is no need to invest in mineral water bottles here, as direct tap water is totally safe in Singapore.
2. Do not invest on expensive guidebooks, as you can easily retrieve more information from local tourists and find information on the Internet.
3. Drink during Happy Hours and avoid gorging on drinks during nighttime. It would help you save a major chunk of money and help you enjoy some good times for lower costs.
4. Couch-surfing can also help you save money, and also enjoy some good times. You can get adventurous and look out for some adventurous escapade with friendly Singaporeans and spend some good times together.
5. Eat from hawker centers, as you are likely to find some of the best aspects of Singaporean cuisines there. These delicious delights are just as tasty as their expensive ‘Fine Wine and Dine’ counterparts.
6. Use public transport and you can also consider sharing taxis. It is safe to walk in Singapore, as it is low on crime rate. It is however, advisable to stay away from some shady streets in Little India. These streets are also safe, but it is better to prevent any sort of problems altogether.
The Infinity Pool: Photo Credit: http://twistedsifter. com
Contributed by Peter Lee.