There’s a very cool space festival hitting London in September. The Festival of the Planets is an informal collection of public events to tie in with the European Planetary Science Congress at UCL slated to run from September 8-13, 2013 in London.
The program includes:
- A Year of the Curiosity rover on Mars; what’s Mars made of?; how thegiant planets protect the Earth; and a proposed European mission to Jupiter’s icy moons
- Exhibitions: a 3 x 40 metre panorama of the surface of Mars; an artistic response to planetary science; a snapshot of European space science
- Stargazing in Regent’s Park
- A screening of The Day The Earth Caught Fire, a sci-fi classic
- Space comedy, science, cabaret and other acts at Space Showoff
Many of the events are free, and you can simply turn up on the day; others are ticketed.
Image: the surface of Mars as pictured by the European Space Agency’s Mars Express probe. Credit: ESA/DLR/FU Berlin (G. Neukum).Related Posts