Below is a list of ten of the stupid’est quotes, as cited and covered in the Stephen Covey book on 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens. At least is bound to make you laugh and they should all bring a smile.
- “There is no reason for any individuals to have a computer in their home.” ~Kenneth Olsen, Pres. & Founder of Digital Equipment Corp. in 1977
- “Airplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.” ~Marshall Ferdinand Foch, French Military Strategist & Future World War 1 Commander in 1911
- “Man will will never reach the moon, regardless of all the future scientific advances.” ~ Dr. Lee De Forest, Inventor of the Audion Tube and Father of Radio, on February 25, 1967
- “Television won’t be able to hold on to any market it captures after the first six months. People will soon get tired of staring at the plywood box every night.” ~Darryl F. Zanuck, Head of 20th Century-Fox in 1946
- “We don’t like their sound. Groups of guitars are on their way out.” ~Decca Records rejecting the Beatles in 1962
- “For the majority of the people, the use of tobacco has a beneficial effect. ~Dr. Ian G. MacDonald, Los Angeles Surgeon, as quoted in Newsweek, November 18, 1969
- “This telephone” has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us.” ~Western Union Internal Memo in 1876
- “The earth is the center of the Universe.” ~Ptolemy, The Great Egyptian Astronomer, in the 2nd Century.
- “Nothing of importance happened today.” Written by King George, III Of England on July 4, 1776
- “Everything that can be invented has been invented.” ~Charles H. Duell, US Commander of Patents in 1899.
Photo credit: CDN-ConservativeDailyNews.