Philadelphia has a couple of Kimpton hotels. Meet the story of Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, which is considered “Art in Motion,” in that it is one of the city’s most striking examples of Art Deco design. The Hotel Palomar Philadelphia is a historic art deco building in Center City built in 1929 and brought back to life via a $92.5 million renovation. The result is a strikingly stylish space that not only boasts remarkable architecture and art, but is the only hotel in Philadelphia to hold a prestigious LEED Certification from the U.S. Green Building Council. Take a look at some of that art deco in motion.
Here are some shots of how that style is weaved into their rooms.
Square 1682 is the restaurant next door. Chef de Cuisine Caitlin Mateo works under the guidance of nationally celebrated Chef Guillermo to masterfully create a contemporary American menu that effortlessly blends fresh, regional ingredients with world flavors. And for a little luxury before dinner, the spa also offers the following massage treatments as well, which can be had in your room if you’d like.
- Signature Massage: Choose from a range of massage therapy techniques, like Swedish, deep tissue, sports or reflexology, or ask your therapist to customize your massage treatment with a stress-busting combination of any or all of these techniques.
- Aroma Journey Massage: Unwind during a sensory balancing massage experience with your choice of one of four aromatherapy blends infused with essential oils – Harmony, Lavender, Soothing or Revitalizing. Reawaken your senses. Reconnect with nature. And restore your health.
- Calm Mind Massage: Quiet the mind and soothe body and spirit. Temples and scalp are massaged with Calm Mind Oil, a restorative blend of peppermint and lavender oils created to help relieve headache tension and stress. Lavender Body Oil is applied to achieve an overall feeling of bliss as we customize your massage with a combination of techniques.
- Mother-to-Be Harmony Massage: Designed to address the special needs of the mother-to-be, we combine tried and tested safe pregnancy massage techniques with a Chinese geranium-infused oil that promotes feminine energy and has a harmonizing effect on women. Helps to relieve tension in your lower and upper back and alleviate swelling in the hands and feet.
- Revitalizing Hot Stone Massage: Melt your cares away while smooth, polished river rocks are heated and used to massage your body. Stones are left in patterns on your body to balance the energy centers. Revitalizing Body Oil adds a wonderful aromatic element to the experience with essences of rosemary, juniper and grapefruit to reduce stress, stimulate circulation and balance and invigorate the body.
The hotel is a close walk from Philadelphia’s City Hall, Hotel Palomar Philadelphia is conveniently located in the center of all the goings-on, only a few blocks’ walk from Rittenhouse Square. They are about 9 miles away from the airport.
Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
117 South 17th Street at Sansom, Philadelphia, PA 19103
Tel: (888) 725-1778