This October, luxury hotels and spas are painting the town PINK in honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month (BCA). We’ve rounded up some fun Breast Cancer Awareness offerings from hotels, spas and restaurants that can make you feel good about your travel choices:
Food & Beverage
Spur Restaurant & Bar at Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa Hotel | Jackson Hole, WY
Throughout the month of October, a portion of Spur Restaurant & Bar’s ‘Beet Cancer’ cocktail will be donated to the Women’s Healthcare Fund at St. John’s Hospital in Jackson Hole. The ‘Beet Cancer’ cocktail includes:
· Beet ginger infused gin
· St. Germaine elderflower liqueur
· Lemon juice
· House made ginger syrup
· 1 egg white
· Shaken and served up
Pinktober 2013 at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego | San Diego, CA
Stay – Hard Rock Hotel San Diego will outfit select guestrooms with special Pink Sheets. The Sleep Like a Rock® bedding features the signature embroidered guitar pillowcases and plush bedding. A percentage of room proceeds from these rooms during October will benefit the campaign. Guests of Pink Sheets rooms will also receive Hard Rock’s 2013 PINKTOBER guitar pin featuring pink rhinestones. In addition, hotel guests can opt to add a donation of any level to their guestroom bill during their stay.
Sip – The property’s retro-chic diner Maryjane’s will serve a limited-time The restaurant team will wear pink shirts and pink gear every Sunday to promote awareness. They will hand out pink frosted guitar cookies to our hotel guests to promote awareness. They will also offer the cookies to outside guests for a donation. Additional Pinktober special menu items:
· Pink Milk Shake: A savory strawberry milk shake made with fresh strawberry pure.
· Pink Pineapple Mimosa: A pineapple mimosa tickled pink with our fresh strawberry pure and garnished with a fresh juicy strawberry.
· Pinkberry Cosmopolitan: Cointreau muddled with fresh lime juice and strawberries mixed with citrus vodka.
· Hard Rock Hotel’s 207 and Float bars will be offering specialty cocktails Flamingo Margaritas, Pink Floyds and Pink Dolphins with 25 percent of proceeds benefitting Hard Rock’s PINKTOBER™ 2013 campaign.
Indulge – Rock Spa will offer an invigorating 50-minute Pink Sugar Whip body scrub to benefit PINKTOBER™. To book a spa treatment, guests may call Rock Spa at (619) 764-6930.
Shop – Located lobby-level at the hotel, the boutique will feature a variety of PINKTOBER™ merchandise to benefit the cause including PINKTOBER pins, t-shirts, Pink Sheets and more.
CHILL SPA at Hotel Terra Jackson Hole | Jackson Hole, WY
Join forces with Chill Spa this October for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Book a Chill for a Cause treatment and 10% of the proceeds will be donated to the Breast Cancer division of Saint John’s Women’s Healthcare Fund.
PINK Awareness Pink Grapefruit Facial | 50 Minutes $129; 80 Minutes $179
Bring life and vitality to your complexion with a vitamin-rich burst of pink grapefruit and other Eminence Organics Skincare products focusing on hydration.
Fight Like a Girl Facial | 50 Minutes $129; 80 Minutes $179
Fight bacteria with a deeply purifying facial at Chill Spa.
Live. Love. And get a Massage | 50 Minutes $129; 80 Minutes $179
Pink out your massage by choosing a specialty treatment this October. The Live, Love massage is available in Deep Tissue or Swedish massage techniques.
Kin Spa at Manchester Grand Hyatt | San Diego, CA
Full body massages that refresh and relax, facials using only the highest quality natural ingredients, manicures and pedicures, hair styling, rejuvenation treatments that transform your skin and much more, all await guests in this stunning environment overlooking the San Diego Bay.
Breast Cancer Awareness Month “Pretty in Pink” Packages for the month of October:
· Infinitely Loving Manicure/Pedicure $130 – (plus pink nail polish gift): Sink into an endlessly wise and Infinitely Loving embrace while being surrounded by the rich, exotic and uplifting aroma of Chinese Jasmine Essential Oil. With a relaxed mind, your hands and feet are treated to a moisturizing sugar scrub, body butter to soothe and a massage to leave your skin soft and supple.
· Makeup Application $60 – (plus pink lip gloss or lipstick for $10)
The Surrey | New York City, NYC
The Surrey, New York’s only Relais & Chateaux property, is an Upper East Side hotel where tradition blends with a unique modern personality. Guests have direct access to Madison Avenue’s upscale boutiques & restaurants, Museum Mile, iconic landmarks and Central Park while staying at the 1920s Beaux-Arts-designed residential townhouse. To honor Breast Cancer Awareness month, Cornelia Spa at The Surrey is offering patrons the following:
Champagne Pedicure – 60 minutes; $95.00/person
· Includes two signature Cornelia cupcakes created by Graham Meyerson
· Small bouquet of pink roses and dried lavender
Top photo credit: Photo courtesy of aussiegall.