Forrester Research is holding a press event tomorrow in Boston that will address Businesses At Risk: Managing The Changing Workforce, starting at 1:00 pm at the Westin Copley Place on Huntington Avenue.
Businesses are at risk at both ends of the workforce spectrum. The US could face labor and skills shortages of crisis proportions as 76 million baby boomers retire throughout the next two decades, leaving prospective and unfilled positions in all industries. The incoming workforce will not only expect technology to help make up for a lack of skills and experience, but also rely on it personally and professionally. According to Forrester, many business are in denial about and unprepared to manage the extremes of the changing workforce.
· Connie Moore, Vice President, Research Director, Forrester Research
· Cynthia Heckmann, Deputy CIO, Government Accountability Office (GAO)
· Lisa Tondreau, Partner, Human Capital Management Americas Leader, IBM Business Consulting Services
· John F. Rockart, Senior Lecturer Emeritus, Sloan School of Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and Academic Vice President of the Society for Information Systems
Topics of discussion include:
· How the public sector and IT industry are dealing with the double whammy of a retiring workforce and a threatening skills shortage.
· How organizations can use this predicament as a catalyst for change, including implementing new methods and policies to better share and collect corporate information.
· How to train the incoming workforce using new technologies.