Meadows in the Mountains Festival returns to Bulgaria’s Rhodope Mountain range this summer. Located near the Greek border, the festival will be held from June 13-15, 2014 and feature live artists and DJ’s across three days, from disco, electronica, chill, funk, jazz, art, sun and nature.
Other Meadows In The Mountains activities include horse & cart taxis, mountain zip line, creative arts & installations, downhill grass bobsleighing, death slide, horse riding, waterfalls, mountain walking, natural thermal springs, hammocks, family friendly, local village life and locally sourced food.
Meadows is nestled high up in the stunning Rhodope Mountains, very proud of its quirky and different attitude that doesn’t follow trends and other festival’s concepts. The beautiful landscapes of Bulgaria beckon once again to recreate the magical mystery and true sense of community that Meadows In The Mountains represents.
Inspired by Bulgarian revolutionaries Vasil Levski and Hristo Botev, Meadows invites it’s participants to embark upon a voyage across the seven seas to the very heart of the Rhodopian Mountains nestled in the beautiful Bulgarian countryside; an untouched and un ravished bastion of nature in this harsh world of urban sprawl and concrete jungles.
Once home to prehistoric man these ancient forests have born witness to the fire of creativity and the explosion of the conscious magical mind. It has been recorded that the ancient Thracian explorers, upon bearing witness to the majesty of the meadows, immediately called for their harps and flutes to be bought forth and a new form of musical ceremony was created.
The Byzantines themselves reveled in the power that saturates the land, dancing naked by the moonlight in praise to the Gods of celebration and song.
And it is through this very tradition that curator brothers, Benjamin and Damain Sasse have the most great and humble pleasure in inviting festival goers to cast aside their daily woes, shrug off the binding chains of the 9-5 and indulge in a debauched weekend of mind-expanding experience, community and free spirit to skip through the fields and forests with untamed abandon and to lay with the fireflies and nighttime skies in the long grass of the Meadows in the Mountains Festival!
Festival highlights include:
· Dance in the ethereal half-light of dawn and dusk as the sunrise and sunset stages provide some of the best un-signed, underground artists spanning eclectic musical genres from across the world
· Watch the morning mist cascade over the mountain range as shadowy forms convulse and glide to the rhythmic beats of house and techno…
· Dwell at the forefront of sound as jazz, folk and disco float through the intricacies of melody.
· Indulge your primordial appetites with hearty food to feed the soul; all locally grown and locally produce.
· Walk in the footsteps of the forest gods whilst exploring the rustic surroundings and the wildness of nature.
· Glimpse the awe-inspiring power of creation as the art installations change your concepts of what reality really means.
· Cast aside your mental barriers and explore the expansion of human consciousness with like-minded individuals; helping to create an event that promotes an attitude of utmost adventure.